Position: Digital Asset Management Assistant
Location: Anywhere in Canada
Type: Contract, Part-Time (21 hrs/wk for up to 18 weeks)
Apply by : May 26, 2023
ALUS is a national charitable organization that helps farmers and ranchers build nature-based solutions on their land to sustain agriculture and biodiversity for the benefit of communities and future generations. ALUS provides expertise, resources and direct financial support for the establishment, management, and stewardship of these ecosystem services.
You will support the gathering, organization, naming, tagging and uploading of digital assets (e.g., photos and videos) from SharePoint to ALUS’ Digital Asset Management (DAM) system hosted on Media Valet.
You will work closely with the Communications and Events Project Manager to ensure file organization, naming and tagging remains consistent with existing taxonomies and conventions.
As most of the digital assets relate to ecological projects on agricultural land, expertise in biology, the environment, or agriculture is necessary.
For the duration of your contract, you will:
- Work with ALUS team members to identify all locations where digital assets are stored
- Work with ALUS team members to identify photo locations, subjects, credits, privacy concerns, etc.
- Collect and prepare digital assets for migration to the DAM (e.g., renaming assets according to the naming convention)
- Identify keywords and tag all assets according to the bilingual keyword convention
- Ensure assets are properly migrated to the DAM according to the existing taxonomy
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of environmental restoration, monitoring and/or conservation, including the identification of plants, animals and restoration activities (e.g., riparian buffers, wetland restoration, etc.).
- Understanding of environmental terminology related to conservation and climate change.
- Experience in data entry or data management with strong attention to detail, commitment to consistency, and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with people at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment and completing routine tasks independently over extended periods of time.
- Experience using SharePoint and the Microsoft 365 platform and interest and competency to learn new technologies.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is a strong asset.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND COMPENSATION
- This is an up to 18-week part-time contract position with an estimated start date in June 2023.
- Working hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday (21 hours a week). Flexibility in these days and hours can be negotiated.
- ALUS does not have a centralized office space. You will work from a home office, which may be located anywhere in Canada with reliable access to high-speed internet.
- You will be required to work from a computer that can support Microsoft Office 365 for Business, including Teams for video conferences.
- Compensation ranges from $20 to $23 per hour, depending on experience, education and skills.