Position: Content and Social Media Manager
Location: Anywhere in Canada
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Essential: Bilingual, French and English
Apply by : August 4, 2022
ALUS is a national charitable organization that helps more than one thousand farmers and ranchers build nature-based solutions on their lands to support agricultural and climate resiliency and increase biodiversity for the benefit of communities and future generations. ALUS operates in more than thirty communities across Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec and Prince Edward Island.
ALUS created New Acre Project, a corporate sponsorship platform and ESG (environmental, social, governance) solution that enables purpose-driven businesses to have a positive impact on the planet and in the communities where they operate.
ALUS is built on an innovative, authentic, engaged, caring and inclusive work culture and offers a decentralized work environment made up of driven and passionate self-starters, working across Canada. At ALUS we value creativity, passion, integrity and strongly believe that transparency builds trust which is essential to develop great teams that can make the impossible, possible.
In this newly created role, you will collaborate in solidifying ALUS’ tone and voice by telling compelling stories that speak to our various audiences on all our platforms in both official languages. You will be responsible for growing the online presence of ALUS and its corporate marketing branch, New Acre Project, and you will contribute on and execute the ALUS Communications & Marketing strategic plan, ensuring ALUS exceeds its ambitious reach and engagement goals, supporting the organization’s overall vision.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Digital Strategy, you will also work with various project teams across both ALUS and New Acre Project as needed. ALUS is a nimble organization that relies on our staff’s ability to respond to multiple priorities on an ongoing basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing national organization and contribute significantly to its ongoing success.
- Develop a deep understanding of the organization’s two brands and various audiences to create content that supports their objectives and identities.
- Maintain and update websites, social media channels and internal and external newsletters. Participate in their development and constant improvement.
- Participate in the development and execute on a content calendar. Schedule and track all aspects of the creation and delivery of content, and ensure it is optimized for search engines (SEO).
- Monitor engagement and adjust tactics accordingly on the websites, social media and newsletters. Track results of various initiatives through analytics and produce reports for various internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and evolution of digital internal communication tools, such as an intranet, a digital content management system (Digital Asset Management), etc.
- As the social media expert, provide guidance and assistance to ALUS communities across the country, as well as to ALUS supporters and partners.
- Occasionally oversee external resources creating targeted visual, video, audio or written content.
- Collaborate on other ALUS projects and initiatives requiring content or digital expertise.
- Stay abreast of current best practices in terms of digital and social media and stay informed on current environmental and agricultural issues and subjects of interest.
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- The basics: 3+ years of experience in digital communications and a university degree in a related field.
- Essential: Fluently bilingual, spoken and written, English and French.
- Excellent communication skills and high-quality standards: You are committed to tell human stories and educate through quality content. Your quest for the right word is endless and you have a strong aversion to typos.
- Digital Expertise: Expertise in using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc), various digital communications tools (WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, Photoshop) and comfortable using and analyzing web analytics (Google Analytics). Mastering latest SEO strategies. Basic knowledge of a video editing tool is an asset.
- Content: Excellent skills in creating and editing written and visual content. Basic knowledge of video and audio editing.
- Mindset: You are self-motivated, responsible individual, with a high-level of personal integrity and enjoy working independently.
- Cultural fit: You have a collaborative, creative, can-do attitude — you’re at home working in a multi-faceted, deadline-driven workplace.
- Also: Basic knowledge of the sustainable agriculture concept and previous experience working in the environmental non-profit sector are assets, but an innate curiosity and growth mindset are a must.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND COMPENSATION
- Normal working hours are Monday to Friday; 35 hours per week.
- Occasional evening or weekend work as well as occasional travel required.
- ALUS Canada does not have a centralized office space; The person will work from a home office, which may be located anywhere in Canada with reliable access to high-speed internet and phone service.
- Candidate will be required to work from a computer that can support Microsoft Office 365 (for Business) including Microsoft Teams and SharePoint. Support or reimbursement for purchasing a device with minimum operating requirements may be available.
- This position will require the candidate to work with a variety of ALUS program teams including joining all relevant team meetings via conference call or video conference, as determined by the team leader.
- Employees are provided with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability insurance.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, education and skill set.
A Canadian success story – ALUS grew from a group of farmers in Blanshard, Manitoba, in 2006, to a national network of over with over 35 community partners in six provinces who have voluntarily adopted the program, enrolling over 1,400 farmers and ranchers nationwide.
We believe in sustaining agriculture, wildlife and natural spaces for communities and future generations. Together, we improve the world we live in one acre at a time.
We provide outstanding career opportunities and a phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. We want you to grow with us.
ALUS is, and always has been, a remote organization. You can work from your home and enjoy a flexible schedule, with some opportunities to travel within Canada.
Come find out for yourself what it’s like to be a part of our journey. We offer competitive pay, a great organizational culture, benefits including and a clear vision for the future.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
ALUS believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity. It is the policy of ALUS that all personnel actions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, and terminations will be taken without regard to race, age, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by law. ALUS is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of discrimination based upon any of these factors.
We invite applicants to request accommodation, as required, throughout the application and hiring process.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF Format, as one document with your name in the title, to email@example.com by August 4, 2022. Make sure the subject of your email is “Content and Social Media Manager”.
- Due to the volume of applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- References will be requested and vetted at a later date.