ALUS Canada Supporters
As a national charitable organization and a Weston Family Initiative, ALUS Canada distributes funds to local ALUS programs across the nation, encouraging ALUS participants to produce ecosystem services in their communities. Through ALUS, philanthropic individuals, foundations, governments and corporations can make a real difference on the ground and help grow the ALUS program across Canada.
ALUS Canada is a Weston Family Initiative.
The W. Garfield Weston Foundation’s generous and long-standing commitment to ALUS Canada has played a critical role in growing ALUS into a truly national not-for-profit organization, one that is rapidly expanding into many new communities across the country.
“We believe strongly in the ALUS model, which delivers ecological outcomes while engaging local communities.” —Tamara Rebanks, Director, The W. Garfield Weston Foundation
ALUS Canada proudly recognizes its Foundational Partners, organizations that contributed $1-million or more during a foundational period in the program’s history.
ALUS Canada is particularly grateful to the Delta Waterfowl Foundation, who created and began delivering the original Alternative Land Use Services (ALUS) program in 2000 and continued to shepherd its development until 2015, when ALUS fledged the nest, becoming ALUS Canada, A Weston Family Initiative.
This project was undertaken with the national support of the Government of Canada.
Ce projet a été réalisé avec l’appui financier du gouvernement du Canada.
Read more about ALUS Canada’s supporters:
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) granted ALUS Canada $695,900 in 2017, to help establish new ALUS communities in Ontario and to help transform three existing pilot communities into permanent ALUS programs.
- Alberta philanthropist David Bissett donated $500,000 to establish “The Bissett Action Fund” to support ALUS’ work in southern Alberta in 2017.
- Alberta Environment and Parks’ Watershed Resiliency and Restoration Program (WRRP) granted ALUS Canada $720,000 for critical flood-prevention work in the Modeste subwatershed in 2018.
- Environment and Climate Change Canada granted ALUS Canada $600,000 to improve Lake Erie water quality in 2018.
ALUS Canada is grateful for the support of more than 50 organizations nationwide who are generously funding the work we do on the ground, producing ecosystem services for the benefit of all Canadians.
Thank you to all individuals, groups, foundations, agencies and companies who continue to support ALUS!
• David Bissett
• Ontario Trillium Foundation
• Ontario Nature
• The J .W. McConnell Family Foundation | La fondation de la famille J.W. McConnell
• Carthy Foundation
• Wildlife Habitat Canada
• Alberta Real Estate Foundation
• Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks
• Ontario Wildlife Foundation
• John M. Bishop
Become an ALUS supporter
To become an ALUS Canada supporter, please visit the “Get Involved” section of our website, or click the secure link below to Donate Now. For more information on our exciting corporate sponsorship program, visit the New Acre™ Project page. Thank you!