PEI ALUS Tops 400 Participants - ALUS
Following are the current program numbers:
- 1411 hectares of high slope land has been retired from agricultural production and converted to various ecological goods and services.
- More than 200,000 meters of new fencing has been installed.
- Tree planting within 15 meter buffer zone stands at 251 hectares
- 553 Hectares of expanded buffer zones (beyond 15 m) have been created.
- New grassed headlands totals 455 hectares
- 784 hectares of new soil conservation structures.