A partnership between ALUS Canada and the Fédération de l’UPA de la Montérégie, the ALUS Montérégie program launched August 10, 2016.
The ALUS Montérégie program covers the territory of two watersheds, the Bassin versant de la rivière des Hurons and the the Bassin versant des ruisseaux Hazen-Bleury et de la Barbotte. In its first year, the ALUS Montérégie program established projects on six hectares, primarily riparian pollinator strips.
ALUS Montérégie Partnership Advisory Committee :
- Jaclin Bisaillon, Union President, UPA Haut-Richelieu
- Hervé Blanchette, farmer
- Yvon Boucher, Union President, UPA Rouville
- Charles Boulerice, Union President, UPA Vallée-du-Richelieu
- Marcel Comiré, Director, COVABAR
- Bruno Guillet, farmer
- Jules Malouin, farmer
- Marie-Laure Marcotte, agronomist, Groupe ProConseil
- André Mousseau, Union President, UPA Vallée maskoutaine
- Florent Raymond, farmer
- Christian St-Jacques, President, UPA Montérégie
- Normand Teasdale, President of the UPA Montérégie environment committee
- Annie Tremblay, agronomist, Agri Conseil Maska
News & Events in Montérégie
ALUS Canada and The W. Garfield Weston Foundation announce $5M grant to launch a groundbreaking environmental initiative now known as ALUS Canada, A Weston Family Initiative, along with its New Acre™ Project.
Agri Conseil Maska
The ALUS Montérégie program is currently seeking partners to support the expansion of the ALUS program in Quebec over the next few years. For more information, please contact the program coordinators